It is very important to download and install the virtual private network (VPN) software on a windows-based device through which VPN connections will be enabled for your existing WiFi router. Are planning to turn on or enable the VPN for Netgear Orbi using Windows computer? If the answer to this question is a big yes, then make sure that your computer has virtual private network (VPN) software installed on it.
After that, open the VPN software and refer to the following VPN configuration guide.
Steps for turning ON/enabling VPN services for the Netgear Orbi router:
- Open any internet browser on your WiFi-enabled device which is receiving an adequate amount of live and active internet signals from your Orbi router.
- Type orbilogin com as the URL in the address bar. After typing the URL/web address correctly – click on “Go” (without quotes) and or press the “Enter” key on your device keyboard.
- You will be redirected to the login page. There you have to type in the sign-in details for logging into admin login account.
- Once you are logged in successfully, tick on the “Advanced” option – navigate to “Advanced Setup” and find the “VPN services” option under it.
The VPN (virtual private network) services page will open.
- Click the “Enable VPN services” checkbox and after that, click on the “Apply” button.
- In order to enable the downloading of VPN software file – click on the “For Windows” button.
- Open a new tab and enter https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/ into the URL bar field. This will open the page for downloading open virtual private network (VPN) software.
- Here, you have to find the “Windows Installing” section. Now, under that double-click on the “Open VPN-install-xxx-exe” link.
- Click on “Next” and proceed further.
If you encounter any problem during this process then feel free to get in touch with our tech support team via toll-free number 1-855-881-8818.
- After that, click on the option “I agree” and tick-mark all the available checkboxes. Once done, click on “Next”.
- Create a new folder and save your file.
- Click on the“Browse” option and specify the location of the folder where you want to save your downloaded file.
A security window will open.
- Click on “Install.”
An installation Progress window will open and it will not close until unless the installation process is completed successfully.
- Once the process of installation is completed successfully, a “final installation” window will appear.
- Here, you have to find the “Finish” button and click on it.
- Now, click on the “Download file” and after that, Un-Zip it by extracting the files to a location where you’ve installed the VPN client on your computer earlier.
- In case, of the windows-based computer with a 64-bit operating system, the virtual private network (VPN) client files will be saved automatically by default and installed at “C:\Programfiles\OpenVPN\config\”
- On the other hand, for windows-based client device, you can also change the Interface name as NETGEAR-VPN.
If you want to change the name, please refer to some below-mentioned steps:
- On your windows-based computer visit the “Network page”.
- Click on the “Control Panel” option and after that, navigate to the “Network & Sharing Center”.
- Click on “Change adapter settings” menu.
- Now, under the list of local area connections find the “TAP-windows Adaptor” device name.
- Choose the connection and after that, click on “NETGEAR-VPN.”
Note: In case you forget to change the name of virtual private network (VPN) interface, then note this down that your VPN tunnel connection will be disconnected and you have to run an Orbi factory reset process on your Netgear device.
Now, once you have gone through all the steps listed above, the VPN services will be enabled/turned on. We hope that you find all the steps simple and easy to execute in this post.