Netgear Orbi router is a WiFi system that works with the equipment/hardware/gadget provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Netgear Orbi promises to deliver blistering/extreme speeds no matter how many wired or wireless devices connect to your existing home WiFi network. In addition, ‘Netgear’ has successfully developed a system to address an issue/trouble that many of us experience. Too many networking devices trying to connect to a single home network that is to slow to cope.
As well as speed Netgear Orbi setup also has a range. As a matter of fact, a basic kit will provide fast/speedy/quick WiFi across an area of around 5,000 square feet.
Also, remember that to keep your device up and running, it is recommended to update firmware on your Netgear Orbi timely. You can easily perform the firmware update process by following some easy to execute steps given below:
Update firmware on your Orbi router and satellite manually
- First of all, download the firmware for your Netgear Orbi router and the satellite both.
- Update the latest firmware on your Orbi satellite and after that, update the firmware on your Netgear Orbi router as well.
How to download the current version of firmware for your Netgear Orbi router and satellite?
- From the Netgear Download Center – download the latest version of firmware for your Netgear Orbi satellite – save it to your desktop, and if needed unzip the file.
- Using a computer or laptop that is connected to your Netgear Orbi router via an Ethernet cable/wire, load up a web browser onto it.
Note: Please do not make use of a device (computer or laptop) that is connected to the router wirelessly to upload the firmware.
- Enter orbilogin com web address into the browser’s URL bar.
- Type login credentials (username and password) when prompt.
- Click on Advanced option after that, on Administration and then on Firmware Update option.
- Click on the Manual Update tab.
The firmware update page will be displayed.
Note: It is recommended that you update the firmware on your Netgear Orbi satellite(s) first, and after that, update your WiFi router. Please do not simultaneously update the firmware on your Orbi router and satellite.
How to Update the Firmware on an Orbi Satellite?
- Next to your satellite’s model name select the checkbox and after that, click on the Update button.
Netgear Orbi satellite Firmware Update window will open.
- When prompt, type in the admin details you entered for your Netgear Orbi router.
- Once done, click on the BROWSE button.
- After that, find and select the file that ends in .chk or .img on your desktop home screen.
Note: Be careful. Do not click on the wrong file.
- Now, in order to upload the firmware file please click on the UPLOAD button. It might take 2-3 minutes to complete the firmware update process.
- Once the Orbi satellite finishes updating the process, select the Status option and after that, double-click on the firmware version located on the Status page.
Congrats! The firmware on your Netgear Orbi satellite is updated successfully.
While updating the firmware on your device if you are facing Netgear Orbi connection issues, then without any delay, contact our experts.
How to Update the Firmware on a Netgear Orbi Router?
- Connect your computer or laptop to your Orbi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open up a web browser and go to the default login page.
A Basic Home page will display.
- Navigate to the Firmware Update page and Select ADVANCED > Administration > Firmware Update option (one by one).
- Click on Manual Update tab and after that, click on the Browse button.
- Now, locate and then select the file ending with .img. Select the correct file.
- To upload the firmware file click on the UPLOAD button. It can take 1-2 minutes for completion of the process.
- When the page adjusts please click on the YES button to continue further.
- Once your Netgear Orbi router finishes updating process, on the upper-right corner – double-click on the firmware version.
The current firmware version on your Netgear Orbi router is updated successfully.
For any help regarding Orbi firmware update, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.