Setting your Netgear Orbi is now possible even without an Orbi app. As a matter of fact, users can browse the default setup page from any relevant web browser and configure their Netgear Orbi router satellite even if they do not installed an Orbi application.
To set up your Netgear Orbi, please follow some easy and valuable guidelines given below:
- Unplug your main modem. Disconnect its connected wires as well. Leave it unplugged. Plug it back after a few minutes.
- Remove the backup battery. Replace it. After replacing its battery, reconnect its disconnected wires.
- Now, grab the Ethernet cable you received with the installation kit. Plugin its one end to the yellow-colored internet port and another ends into Ethernet port of your existing modem.
- After that, connect the power cord of your Netgear Orbi router into a working power outlet. Turn it on. See whether the LED on it has started blinking or not. If not, push the power (on/off) button once.
- Wait for the ring LED on it become solid white.
- Place the Netgear Orbi in the central location of your house in order to get maximum coverage.
- Plug it in.
- Wait until the ring LED light of your Orbi satellite becomes solid white and after that, flashes the blinking magenta color. As a matter of fact, the ring LED light of the Netgear Orbi satellite blinks magenta for a couple of minutes when it tries to sync with a Netgear Orbi WiFi router.
After blinking magenta in color, the ring LED light of Orbi satellite glows in any of the following colors for a minimum of 10 seconds and then stops glowing.
- Solid Blue Color: This color light indicates that the connection between your Netgear Orbi and the satellite is good.
- Solid Magenta Color: Lights indicates that your Orbi satellite is unable to connect with the Netgear router. The glowing of Orbi satellite’s ring LED light in steady magenta color indicates that the Orbi satellite is unable to connect with an Orbi router. To fix, Netgear Orbi connection issues place both the devices in reach of each other.
Note: If the ring LED still continues to flash the magenta color, press the sync button on your Orbi router and after a few minutes on your satellite as well.
- Solid Amber Color: Light indicates that the connection between your devices (Orbi and the satellite) is fair.
Note: If you are facing Orbi WiFi setup issues, then make sure that your Orbi and the satellite are placed closer to each other and both of them should be placed within the range of your existing ad up-to-date modem.
- On the other hand, if you wish to have a wired connectivity, then connect the one end of the Ethernet cable to your Netgear Orbi router or satellite and connect another end to the Ethernet port of your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
- Moreover, users can connect their devices (computer, laptop, or a mobile device) to the Netgear router wirelessly also.
- In order to establish wireless connectivity, users are supposed to have the network ID (SSID) and passkey (password) to connect with the Netgear Orbi router.
Note: The default password and network ID are labeled on your device. It is also advised to personalize them as soon as possible.
- Open a web browser from your connected device.
- Once you are into the Netgear Orbi login page, follow the on-screen instructions and configure your Netgear Orbi and the satellite.
Now, you will notice that the ring LED of your Netgear Orbi router will turn OFF automatically once it has been configured successfully.
That’s it. In this simple way, anyone can configure their satellite and the Netgear Orbi router without an Orbi application. We actually hope that you find the entire setup process easy, simple and helpful.
If you are still facing issues while setting up your Orbi, ask us for Netgear Orbi support at toll-free number 1-855-881-8818.